The 8th FUKUSHIMA Renewable Energy Industrial Fair 2019
“REIF Fukushima” is a nickname of this fair and an acronym standing for the Renewable Energy Industrial Fair.
||The 8th FUKUSHIMA Renewable Energy Industrial Fair 2019
||This fair offers firms and/or institutions, who are undertaking businesses in the renewable energy industry, to exhibit technology, provide & gather information, hold business meetings and join networking events. This boosts businesses among industry, academia and government whilst expressing Fukushima’s strong will to be a renewable energy frontier both locally and globally.
|Date & Time
||10:00-17:00, October 30 (Wed) – 31 (Thurs), 2019
||BIG PALETTE FUKUSHIMA (2-52 Minami, Koriyama-City, Fukushima Prefecture Japan 963-0115)
||Fukushima Prefectural Government, Fukushima Center for Industrial Promotion
Reconstruction Agency, Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Ministry of Education, Culture, Sports, Science and Technology, Ministry of Agriculture, Forestry and Fisheries, Ministry of Economy, Trade and Industry, Ministry of the Environment, National Institute of Advanced Industrial Science and Technology, National Institute of Advanced Industrial Science and Technology, Japan Science and Technology Agency, New Energy and Industrial Technology Development Organization, Japan External Trade Organization (JETRO), Incorporated Administrative Agency Tohoku Headquarters, Japan Finance Corporation, Fukushima Branch, Japan Small and Medium Business Promotion Association, Energy Conservation Center, New Energy Foundation, Japan Wind Power Association, Photovoltaic Power Generation Association, Woody Biomass Energy Association, Hydrogen Energy Association, Photovoltaic Technology Research Association, Nippon Denshi Industrial Association, Tohoku Business Federation, Fukushima Prefecture Mayor's Association, Fukushima Prefectural Towns and Villages Association, Earth-friendly "Fukushi" "Citizens' Council, Fukushima Invention Association, Koriyama Regional Technopolis Promotion Organization, Koriyama Convention Bureau, Fukushima Electronics Industries Association, Fukushima Chamber of Commerce and Industry, Fukushima Chamber of Commerce Association , Fukushima Prefecture Small and Medium Enterprise Association, Fukushima Prefecture Small and Medium Enterprise Association, Fukushima Business Association, Fukushima Prefectural Banking Association, Fukushima Prefecture Industrial Club, National University Corporation Fukushima University, Public University Corporation Aizu University, Nihon University Faculty of Engineering, Iwaki Meisei University, National College of Technology, Fukushima College, Nikkei Inc., Fukushima Branch, Nikkan Kogyo Shimbun, Fukushima Branch, Fukushima Minpo, Fukushima Minyu Shimbun, Fukushima Television Co., Ltd., Fukushima Central Television Co., Ltd., Fukushima Broadcasting Co., Ltd. TV U Fukushima, Toho Bank, Ltd., Fukushima Bank, Ltd., Daito Bank, Ltd.
Exhibit scale and number of visitors
||216 companies / groups 271 booths
|The number of visitors
Wednesday, October 30 Weather / ☀
Number of visitors / 3,693
|October 31 (Thu) Weather / ☀
Number of visitors / 3,165
|Total number of visitors for 2 days / 6,858
Exhibitors and visitors
Visitor Survey (partially extracted from a list of visitors)
Visitors: Objectives achieved?
Areas of exhibition in which the visitors were interested
Where did the visitors come from?
Type of business of the visitors
- I participated in REIF Fukushima for the first time. I didn’t expect that an exhibition of this scale could be held in the Tohoku region. It was great.
- I was busy moving from one booth to another and missed seminars in which I was interested. I hoped that there would be an announcement on the seminars.
- I was happy to see drones and robots in action.
- Fun events for general visitors on Saturday and Sunday are easier to attend.
- We are a company not related to renewable energy but would like to participate in the fair in the future.
- （* extracted from visitor survey）
With a very low entry fee, REIF Fukushima is very cost-effective.
What are the benefits gained from the exhibition?
- We participated in many other exhibitions and had the impression that the visitors at this REIF Fukushima were the closest to our target audience.
- Many of the visitors were students and young generations. The fair was very busy with visitors. We were able to hear the voice of many customers.
- It must have been difficult to hold the fair immediately after the flooding. But the fair was very successful and was as productive as expected.
- The Sticker Rally in the wind power area helped attract visitors to booths and provided opportunities for business talks with many customers.
- With a very low entry fee, REIF Fukushima is very cost-effective.
- （* extracted from exhibitor survey）
(Public acceptance document)
Seminar by the Fukushima Renewable Energy Institute, National Institute
Seminar by the Fukushima Renewable Energy Institute, National Institute of Advanced Industrial Science and Technology
Seminar for International Economic Exchange
Matchmaking session for renewable energy businesses